If you're new to witchcraft, one of the first things you'll learn is that candle magic
features heavily in all kinds of spells and rituals. Candle spells are simple, quick and easy. Here's a step by step explanation of how to cast your own.
1. Choose a color. The color of the candle you choose for your spell should match your intention. Here are some basic candle color meanings in witchcraft.
- Red: passion, love
- Pink: friendship, gentleness
- Orange: success, virility
- Yellow: joy, communication
- Green: prosperity, abundance
- Blue: healing, peace
- Purple: psychic ability, divination
- White: spirituality
- Black: protection, banishing
- Brown: health, animals
2. Engrave your candle. Using a sharp object, carve a word into the candle that sums up your desire. This can be love, peace, prosperity, protection... anything you want. While you carve the word into the candle, be sure to visualize your desired outcome as if you already have it.
3. Anoint or dress your candle. You may have heard of witches using oils to "dress" or "anoint" a candle. You can do this with diluted essential oils that match your spell or simply use olive or jojoba oil. If your spell is meant to attract something to you, rub the oil into the candle from the ends towards the middle. This is a drawing-in motion. If your spell is to repel something, do the opposite by rubbing the oil in the middle of the candle and working towards the ends in a pushing away motion.
4. Visualize. Secure your candle in a holder and light it. While the candle burns, sit quietly envisioning your goal exactly as you wish it to manifest. Allow the candle to burn out.
That's it! Candle magick is very simple. You can always get more creative with your spells by adding herbs or crystals around the base of the candle, using scented oils, or burning multiple candles at a time.
Visit White Moon Witchcraft for your spell casting supplies, witchy jewelry and ritual tools.